With over 5,000 titles, SAGE Knowledge features an expansive range of authoritative eBook (3,600+ titles) and eReference (over 600 titles) content form SAGE, CQ Press, and Corwin from across the social sciences:
• Scholarly monographs-eBooks
• Reference works
• Professional development titles
• and more
The platform allows researchers to cross-search and seamlessly access a wide breadth of essential SAGE book and reference content – and all from one source. The complete SAGE Knowledge collection covers a wide variety of disciplines, supporting research in the following areas:
• Business & Management
• Counseling & Psychotherapy
• Criminology & Criminal Justice
• Geography, Earth, &Environmental Science
• Health & Social Care
• Media, Communication, & Cultural Studies
• Politics & International Relations
Developed in partnership with faculty, librarians, and students, SAGE Knowledge offers unique features and functionality that make getting to the desired information quick and easy.
Here’s what your students, faculty, and library staff can expect to find on our enhanced, responsive platform:
• The Basics: Functionality includes full text HTML display, table of contents navigation, and the ability to easily change text size.
• Related Content: Using semantic enrichment, “SAGE Recommends” will suggest additional, relevant content in other books on the site and in SAGE’s other products—SAGE Journals, SAGE Research Methods, SAGE Video, SAGE Business Cases, CQ Researcher, SAGE Stats, and more.
• Search and Browse: A variety of search options are available, including quick search, advanced search with Boolean functions, and search within the chapter/entry or within the title.
• Personalized Research: Patrons can use the “My Account” feature to create reading lists and save searches. Librarians are able to customize the experience for their users.
• Take it to Go: Chapter print, PDF download options, and share features for e-mail and social media are available. A mobileresponsive design provides simultaneous users a seamless experience on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
• Cite in a Snap: Citation options include export to EndNote, RefWorks, and other citation management software
• MARC Records and COUNTER reports available
• DOIs registered for each title and chapter, deposited in CrossRef and displayed as permanent URLs
• No physical Digital Rights Management (DRM)
• Unlimited simultaneous usage of all SAGE eBooks
• Usage driving tools: banner ads, search widgets, training videos, user guides, custom online training sessions highlighting features and functionality for both librarians and end-users
SAGE Knowledge Evidence Based Acquisition
• Access to the entire SAGE Knowledge Collection (5,136 titles, collection value of over $790k) for 12 months.
• Implemented at the library as if purchased. Includes free MARC records and SAGE assistance with discovery implementation when possible.
• SAGE will provide detailed title usage analysis 2 months prior to the end of the access period for reference when selecting your titles.
• Usage may be pulled by the institution at any time via your SAGE customer account, SecureCenter.
• No automatic purchase triggers – libraries have full control over what they choose to select to own using their pre-paid fund.
• No DRM.
• Unlimited user access including alumni.
• The pre-paid fund can be applied towards collection purchases, which offer up to a 60% discount.
• 2nd Year Renewal available for a 2% increase.