eResources Offers & Updates – July 2022
A One-Two Punch for Usage Statistics – CM/CELUS Stats Tool
We know from experience that harvesting, wrangling, and analyzing usage statistics for all your different electronic resources can be a hassle, but it doesn’t have to be. If you’ve been looking for a cloud-hosted usage stats tool with a slick dashboard, automated SUSHI harvesting, and analytics suite with powerful data visualizations, plus the added bonus of cost-per-use analysis for your eResources Program purchases – we’ve got you covered. We have negotiated a hefty discount on the combined ConsortiaManager/CELUS Usage Statistics Tool for all OhioNet member libraries.
- Main features include:
- COUNTER 4 and 5 support
- Advanced reporting and data exports
- Effortless SUSHI management
- Automated data harvesting
- Support for non-COUNTER formats
- Identification of overlapping subscriptions
- Year-to-year usage comparison
- Fast and powerful data analytics
- Cost-per-use analysis module within ConsortiaManager
Build Community Connections – Mango Languages
Looking for different ways to engage with your communities this summer? Explore Mango Languages through OhioNet. Libraries have been turning to Mango to help promote bilingualism and cultural awareness in communities for over 15 years!
Mango provides a high-quality learning experience that is flexible, easy to use, and available 24-7 across devices with its mobile app. What makes Mango different is its proven methodology and effectiveness in teaching real-world communication skills. Patrons can set up family profiles connecting up to 5 family members, free of charge! In addition to a robust library of promotional resources, library subscribers also benefit from their own dedicated Account Manager to help get the most out of their subscription.
For a limited time, libraries that commit to a new subscription before September 1st, 2022 receive an additional 3 months of access for free – that’s 15 months of access for the price of 12, including OhioNet’s discount!
Price quotes and subscription questions: OhioNet eResources, [email protected]
Product questions: Marco Cracchiolo, [email protected]
Document Delivery Made Easy – Welcome to Reprints Desk
The OhioNet eResources Program is pleased to announce that we are now working with Reprints Desk/Research Solutions! Members will benefit from our new arrangement in two main ways:
- Discounts on document delivery – Member libraries who enroll with Reprints Desk for their Document Delivery Service will receive a discount on the per document service fee. This service is billed on-demand and does not require a subscription; OhioNet does not charge an administration fee to members – this purely a benefit of membership!
- Discounts on Article Galaxy Scholar (AGS) – Academic library members can subscribe to Article Galaxy Scholar at a discounted rate through OhioNet – we’ve also negotiated a lower implementation fee! AGS is a highly customizable, automated article delivery tool for supplementing ILL needs and journal subscriptions. Those interested in learning more about the service can check out this recorded demonstration and be on the lookout for our own live demo later this summer!
July’s Featured Vendor – ICPSR
The eResources Program has a long history with the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), and we are happy to turn a spotlight on them for the month of July!
ICPSR is an international consortium of more than 750 academic institutions and research organizations providing leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for the social science research community. ICPSR maintains a data archive of more than 250,000 files of research in the social and behavioral sciences. With 21 specialized collections available online, ICPSR hosts vast amounts of data on education, aging, criminal justice, substance abuse, terrorism, and other topics.
ICPSR members receive unlimited access to the data archive of more than 4,000 research studies providing a treasure trove of information on politics and public affairs. ICPSR’s embedded teaching tools serve to enhance the teaching of core social sciences concepts for data-driven learning in the classroom. Members can also access hundreds of studies’ metadata and analytic variables, plus enhancements such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R files. Whether you’re a current subscriber looking to refresh your memory on everything included in your membership or merely investigating your social science data options, join us on July 26th at 1pm for an online demo and discussion with our amazing rep, Annalee Shelton!
July’s Featured Resource – Social Explorer
Social Explorer is a powerful, dynamic tool that allows you to manipulate data in fun and interesting ways. Explore hundreds of thousands of built-in data indicators related to demography, economy, health, politics, environment, and crime. Filter by location or over time to discover the stories hidden in the data, and easily add your own data points for further impact. Social Explorer’s Data Library contains more than 200 demographic datasets from nearly every state and every county. Many of these data sets are available at detailed geographic levels, down to a few city blocks. In a world of maps and charts, good visualizations become the keys to knowing more about your data.
Questions? Quote requests? Email us at [email protected]!