Digitization Basics 101: Entry-level Scanning and Metadata Entry
This series focuses on the nuts and bolts of digitizing: scanning and metadata. It is designed so those with no digitization experience can start with Digitization Basics 101 and follow along through the entire series, while more experienced users can jump in with Digitization Basics 102 or 103. Each session will feature a different style of scanner and ways to apply metadata to make the most of your digital collections.
Thinking about digitizing your collections, but have no idea where to start? This is the webinar for you! This session focuses on flatbed scanners and foundational Dublin Core metadata fields.
Attendees will learn the basics of:
- Scanning standards and best practices
- Choosing the right type of scanner for your project
- Using a flatbed scanner
- General file naming best practices
- Introduction to Dublin Core metadata with sample metadata records
- Overview of basic Dublin Core fields (title, description, dates, places, creator, collection, submitting institution, rights
Who Should Attend
Library staff working with local history materials, those looking to start a digitization project or program, or anyone with an interest in the topic.
Katy Scullin Ohio Memory Program Coordinator - Ohio History Connection
Ashely Rodriguez Digital Projects Coordinator - Ohio History Connection
Thank you for your interest! You have been added to the waitlist for this event.
"*" indicates required fields