Online Database Overviews: Chilton Library
OhioNET’s Online Database Overviews are a series of freely available webinars, open to all library staff working in Ohio. Many, but not all, of the databases featured in this series are available statewide. Each training session will be aimed at current users/subscribers and will include
- an overview of the resource(s) being featured (what content is included, what search options are available, who is the intended audience)
- a review of access requirements and options for sharing/downloading content
- an exploration of use cases and marketing ideas
- a discussion of options for staff training to help end-users navigate the materials
Chilton reference manuals are often some of the most heavily used physical resources by patrons. For libraries that don’t have the space to store shelf after shelf of thick hardback books, there’s now an online solution that’s available for every library across the state of Ohio!The Chilton Library database has everything you could want to know about automotive maintenance and repair procedures for thousands of makes, models, and years.Led by Gale Training Consultant Amber Winters, this session provides an overview and demonstration of this resource, including real-life reference examples and ideas for programming and promotion. Attendees of this session will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to navigate the site and help others do the same
- Explore the variety of information covered in this unusual database and options for searching, from specification tables to troubleshooting guides
- Delve into specialized resources that are included — from test prep for future mechanics to how-to videos for DIYers
This is a FREE webinar, open to all Ohio librarians at no charge.
Who Should Attend
Staff members working in reference, instruction, information literacy, or anyone with an interest in the topic.