Online Database Overviews: Points of View Reference Center
OhioNET’s Online Database Overviews are a series of freely available webinars, open to all library staff working in Ohio. Many, but not all, of the databases featured in this series are available statewide. Each training session will be aimed at current users/subscribers and will include
- an overview of the resource(s) being featured (what content is included, what search options are available, who is the intended audience)
- a review of access requirements and options for sharing/downloading content
- an exploration of use cases and marketing ideas
- a discussion of options for staff training to help end-users navigate the materials
This session features an overview of Points of View Reference Center — a database featuring essays from multiple perspectives on controversial topics. Each essay provides a series of questions and additional materials to encourage critical thinking.
This webinar is available at no cost to anyone working in Ohio libraries, and this database is available statewide through Libraries Connect Ohio.
Attendees of this session will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the content of this database
- Explore ways to efficiently search and browse
- Review access requirements and options for sharing/downloading content
- Discuss use cases and marketing ideas
This is a FREE webinar, open to all Ohio librarians at no charge.
Who Should Attend
Staff members working in reference, instruction, information literacy or anyone with an interest in the topic.