Online Database Overviews: Small Business Reference Center
OhioNET’s Online Database Overviews are a series of freely available webinars, open to all library staff working in Ohio. Many, but not all, of the databases featured in this series are available statewide. Each training session will be aimed at current users/subscribers and will include
- an overview of the resource(s) being featured (what content is included, what search options are available, who is the intended audience)
- a review of access requirements and options for sharing/downloading content
- an exploration of use cases and marketing ideas
- a discussion of options for staff training to help end-users navigate the materials
This session features an overview of the variety of business-focused resources available to libraries across the state. Special attention will be given to the newest content — the Small Business Reference Center. Learn about these tools that can help you help your community grow. This webinar is freely available to anyone working in Ohio libraries, and featured databases are available statewide through Libraries Connect Ohio.
Attendees to this session will have the opportunity to
- Learn about the content of each business-related database
- Explore ways to efficiently search each
- Compare and contrast the uses, coverage, and limitations of each.
- Discuss use cases and marketing ideas
This is a FREE webinar, open to all Ohio librarians at no charge.
Who Should Attend
Staff members working in reference, instruction, information literacy or anyone with an interest in the topic.