Adult Services Librarian
About this Job
The Hudson Library & Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is seeking an energetic, creative, customer service-oriented professional to join the Adult Services team. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience with online media, services and software, and a strong commitment to customer service. For a complete job profile please visit https://www.hudsonlibrary.org/about/employment-opportunities.
- Collection Development – Assist in selection and weeding of library resources.
- Marketing – Promote library activities and services through social media tools, e-mail newsletters, the library’s website, as well as brochures and other print media.
- Programming - Develop, promote, and execute innovative educational, cultural, and technology-based programs both virtually and in-person.
- Reference Assistance – Answer customer questions; assist with readers’ advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device use, databases, and local history and genealogy.
- Technology – Conduct technology training, provide technology support, troubleshoot printers, computers, mobile devices and software issues, update and help maintain the library’s Adult Services web pages.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science accredited by the American Library Association.
- Must be knowledgeable about emerging technologies and their application in a library setting.
- Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software (in both MAC and PC environments) including MS Office products; the ability to effectively troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device, and software issues.
- Knowledgeable about mobile devices such as tablets and Apple products, digital imaging, and audio/visual equipment.
- Experience with social media, email and marketing communications in a library setting preferred.
- Familiar with live streaming using platforms such as Zoom, YouTube and Facebook. Knowledgeable about best practices related to audio/video production, and podcasting a plus.
- Experience with updating web pages preferred (knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress a plus).
- Possess strong customer service skills, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Previous library experience preferred.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Polly Reynolds, Head of Adult Services & Archives
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236
No phone calls please.
Posted On: Jul 21, 2021 / This posting expires: Sep 30, 2021