Adult Services Librarian
Organization:Wright Memorial Public Library
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution (or currently working towards an MLIS) required.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Proficient using technology, with demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office products, Internet searching, and all other digital resources provided by the Library; experience teaching technology and web development skills a plus.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, with 1 year of customer service experience; library experience preferred.
- Sound professional judgment, good research skills, the ability to multi-task, and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Collaborative, creative, and organized, with demonstrated ability to work in a close team environment.
- Collection development and program development experience preferred.
- Patron Assistance - Provide direct reference and reader's advisory service to patrons in person, by phone, in the community via outreach, and online; troubleshoot patrons’ technology issues with computers and personal devices.
- Programming - Design and implement programs to promote library resources and meet community needs.
- Collection Development – Maintain library collections through material selection, assessment, and weeding.
- Promotion, PR & Marketing – Promote the library and the use of its resources to the community, including creating and maintaining flyers, brochures and displays and participating in community events.
DEADLINE: Applications and resumes will be accepted until end of day, Monday, November 30 2020. To apply, send completed application and resume to Sarah Uchic at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Sarah Uchic, Wright Memorial Public Library, 1776 Far Hills Avenue, Oakwood, OH 45419. Application and full job description can be found at https://wrightlibrary.org/jobs.