Assistant Branch Library Manager
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required. Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public and the staff.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- Schedule includes day time, evening, and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Assistant Branch Library Manager for our busy Wilmington-Stroop Branch. The community is enjoying our new and improved Wilmington-Stroop Branch, which re-opened in June, 2019. The branch features dedicated areas for children and teens, several different meeting rooms, and a quiet room for those who need to focus. The Assistant Branch Library Manager reports to the Branch Library Manager. The successful candidate will assist him with the daily operations of the branch and provide support in many different ways. This is a great opportunity if you have been thinking of transitioning from a librarian role into library management. Join our team today!
- Assists the Branch Library Manager to establish and implement goals and objectives for branch service which support the Library’s mission.
- Assists the Branch Library Manager to direct all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
- Assists the Branch Library Manager with selection, training, scheduling, and evaluating staff in assigned branch. Assists with overseeing branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between branch employees and the Branch Library Manager.
- Assists the Branch Library Manager with ensuring the efficient, effective, customer service-oriented delivery of services to branch Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
- Provides input and suggestions to the Branch Library Manager regarding the branch collection and donated materials. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
- Assists the Branch Library Manager to promote community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Provides input to the Branch Library Manager in preparation of annual budget requests, quarterly, topical, and other reports as requested.
- Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices, and Library virtual materials.
- Assists the Branch Manager to monitor branch facility needs. In the absence of the Branch Library Manager, initiates maintenance and repair of branch building, equipment, and grounds in cooperation with the Facilities Manager.
- Assists the Branch Library Manager to maintain a safe and secure facility for staff and patrons in conjunction with the Security Manager.
- Assists with the implementation of Library policies and procedures at the branch level. Participates in policy revision and in the formulation of policies and procedures. Interprets Library policies to staff and patrons with a patron-responsive management perspective.
- Assists with system-wide decision making through consistent information sharing, regular attendance at Managers’ and Public Services Managers’ meetings.
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26, 2019.