Branch Library Manager
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
- Schedule includes day, evening, and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking Branch Library Managers (one each) for our Kettering-Moraine, Vandalia and Brookville Branch Libraries. All three branches serve unique communities that use and appreciate their library branches. We are looking for flexible individuals who adapt to ongoing changes easily and who excel at providing positive leadership to their staff members. Join our team today!
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service that support the Library’s Mission.
- Directs all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
- Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules employees in assigned branch. Oversees branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between Administration and branch staff. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
- Ensures the efficient, effective, customer service-oriented delivery of services to branch Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
- Manages branch collections and oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials. Collaborates with Collection Development to ensure the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
- Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Prepares annual budget requests and submits quarterly, topical, and other reports as requested.
- Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Monitors branch facility needs, initiates maintenance and repair of branch building, equipment, and grounds in cooperation with the Facilities Manager.
- Maintains a safe and secure facility for staff and patrons in conjunction with the Security Manager.
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by September 23, 2020.