Branch Library Manager
About this Job
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Branch Library Manager for the Miami Township Branch. This branch was extensively renovated and expanded, re-opening to the public in 2015. Situated next to one of Dayton’s city bus hubs, this branch is always bustling. It offers designated areas for children and teens, several meeting rooms, as well as a quiet room for those who need to focus. The successful candidate will find an experienced, top-notch team awaiting them. We are looking for a manager who is interested in continuing the tradition of excellence in service that this branch offers as well as one who is skilled at developing connections in the community. Join our team today!
DML is committed to cultivating inclusive environments and a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. As such, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply, in addition to members from other marginalized groups.
Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent in any non-English languages spoken in Montgomery County including Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Irdu, Russian, Tagalog, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Turkish and Swahili.
Essential Job Duties
• Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service that support the Library’s mission.
• Directs all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
• Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules employees in assigned branch. Oversees branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between Administration and branch staff. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
• Ensures the efficient, effective, customer service-oriented delivery of services to branch Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
• Manages branch collections and oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials. Collaborates with Collection Development to ensure the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
• Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
• Prepares annual budget requests and submits quarterly, topical, and other reports as requested.
• Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
• Monitors branch facility needs, initiates maintenance and repair of branch building, equipment, and grounds in cooperation with the Facilities Manager.
• Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
• Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public and the staff. Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
• MLIS from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Application Process: Please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at [email protected] This position is open until filled.
Posted On: Apr 26, 2022 / This posting expires: May 27, 2022