About this Job
Responsibility: Responsible to the Library Director
Classification: This position is classified as full-time professional, and is exempt from overtime compensation.
1. Works closely with the WRHS Reference, Archives, Curatorial and IT teams.
2. Coordinates with WRHS team to support institutional priorities for exhibitions, public programs, special events, educational programs, and as otherwise needed.
Supervision: Occasionally supervises interns and volunteers.
1. Oversees and conducts all on-line Library original and copy cataloging activities. This includes print materials, retrospective cataloging of existing collections, and cataloging new acquisitions.
2. Administers ILS (Integrated Library System), including CuadraSTAR collection management software and any future Library collection systems.
3. Maintains awareness of trends in institutional repositories, and will pursue opportunities for enhancing ILS services through the adoption of new technologies, linked data practices, funded projects, and partnerships.
4. Works with Library team to ensure proper application of descriptive metadata standards.
5. Supports WRHS’s collections management strategy, including accessions and deaccessions.
6. Works with Library team and auxiliaries to select published materials for permanent addition to the Library collections.
7. Works with patrons and community partners to provide specialized content experiences, programs, outreach and deliverables.
8. Maintains associations with a variety of professional organizations to remain current on professional standards as they relate to cataloging.
9. Maintains professional, secure, and organized work spaces, including offices, closed stacks, archival storage space, and work rooms.
10. Works with the HR associate to secure volunteers and interns for work in library and archives activities in areas relating to the duties enumerated above.
11. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be necessary to accommodate institutional events and needs.
12. Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Library Director
1. Education: MLIS with an emphasis on cataloging and on-line access to bibliographic resources and special collections.
2. Experience: Minimum of two years of library experience in technical services or cataloging. Additionally, experience cataloging in USMARC format on OCLC.
3. Knowledge of current cataloging and metadata standards, including RDA, DACS, EAD, MARC, Dublin Core. Also, BIBFRAME, MARCXML, METS and MODS metadata standards.
4. Demonstrated proficiency and capability with information technology systems in the context of a special collections library and archival program.
5. Experience performing name, series, and subject authority work. Complete original and copy cataloging in all formats, including physical and digital resources and serials.
6. Evidence of active membership, participation, and involvement in professional and scholarly associations – commitment to stewarding professional standards and involvement.
7. Ability to be proactive, flexible, and collaborative in order to accomplish library and institutional goals. Outstanding analytical, organizational, project, and time management skills and the ability to work on concurrent projects.
8. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and an entrepreneurial mindset, and will role model WRHS’s core values: Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, and Connectivity.
9. Requires prolonged sitting, chiefly at a computer terminal. Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally may require lifting up to 50 pounds.
10. Successful completion of a background check and other WRHS HR requirements.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
This is a full time position which includes health, dental, and life insurance. Paid holidays and paid time off is also included.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Dukes, HR Manager at [email protected].
Posted On: Sep 7, 2022 / This posting expires: Dec 2, 2022