About this Job
Grant CPL- a big, beautiful county library nestled halfway between Cincinnati and Lexington, and only 15 minutes from Florence- is seeking to hire a full-time Childrens Librarian.
The ideal candidate will have a background in library and information literacy instruction, the knowledge and ability to advise patrons on children’s literature across multiple age groups, and educational programming for children and parents/caregivers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working daily reference desk shifts in the children's area; providing library and information services to patrons- primarily parents and children- on the public floor.
- Engaging relevant educational and community organizations in Grant County to identify resources or instruction needs for student academic success.
- Collections maintenance of materials in Children’s and Teen areas.
- Educational program scheduling, preparation, and implementation with a focus on library, literacy, and information literacy skills.
Salary: $41,000 - $58,500, beginning salary commensurate with education and experience.
Job Type: Full time.
Hours: 37.5 weekly, including some evenings and weekends.
$41,000 - $58,500
Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Minimum one year experience in a public library preferred.
- Minimum one year experience working with children in a library setting.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Application forms are available at grantlib.org/employment. Completed applications must include a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references.
Send application to:
Grant County Public Library
201 Barnes Rd
Williamstown, KY 41097
or [email protected], subject line “Childrens Librarian.”
Posted On: Sep 22, 2023 / This posting expires: Dec 1, 2023