- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Current library/information science master’s students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Prior library and/or supervisory experience is preferred.
- A positive attitude with excellent customer service skills is required.
- A careful attention to detail and a passion for student success is required.
- Ability to sit and or stand periodically for long periods. Ability to push carts up to 30 lbs. Ability to lift and place books onto a shelf.
- Helps lead user-centered public service operations on-campus in reference, circulation, and interlibrary loan.
- Hires and supervises library student employees including training and scheduling.
- Assists with maintenance, arrangement, cataloging, and inventory of materials collections and equipment as required; prepares new materials for shelving.
- Assists with the organization and operation of circulation and inventory activities/projects. Maintains records of circulation activities.
- Searches, monitors, and creates requests and reports on all interlibrary loan transactions. Maintains records of ILL activity.
- Processes and manages course reserve items including outreach partnership materials.
- Updates records of holdings, title changes, and frequencies of periodicals, journals, and monographs.
- Claims missing, lost and not-received periodicals, journals, and newspapers.
- Communicates computer, technological, and system problems in the library’s space.
- Represents Pfeiffer Library at various institutional, consortia, and professional events or committees.
- Contributes to the overall goals of the Pfeiffer Library and Tiffin University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A letter of interest and a resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.