About this Job
Rock Creek Public Library seeks a Director who will lead the library in an exciting phase of growth and outreach. The ideal candidate will have leadership skills, strong communication skills and experience building staff and community relationships. The Rock Creek Public Library Director is responsible for leading a team of four staff members in fulfilling the library’s mission and strategic goals. This is a great opportunity for a department or branch manager to take the next career step or for an experienced library director to make a change. The Rock Creek Public Library Trustees are serious about implementing new strategic goals, expanding library services within the community, and updating our facility.
The Library Director is responsible for all aspects of library administration and services including implementation of library policies; managing operational, staff, equipment, collection, property, and facility needs; community outreach and public relations; and networking with professional and community leaders. The Director works with the Board of Trustees to recommend and determine the strategic direction and policies for the library. The Director also works with the Fiscal Officer to develop an annual budget for the organization.
The candidate should possess excellent management, public relations, budget, facility, and communication skills as well as believe that the staff and patrons are the most important assets to the library.
• ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, equivalent degree or experience
• Administrative and supervisory experience in a public library
• Minimum 5 years working in libraries
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
• Experience providing direct customer service to the public
• Applied knowledge of library operations, materials selection, organization, and access
• Experience planning and monitoring a budget
• Proficiency in community outreach, presentations, communication
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely
• Effective interpersonal skills and diplomatic management abilities
Compensation will be determined by experience and qualifications. The Rock Creek Public Library benefit package includes:
* Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS)
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Health Insurance
* Sick Leave
* Access to professional development
This is a 40 hour/week salaried position, including at least one evening per week and at least one Saturday per month. Rock Creek Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
SEND resume and letter of interest to email address:
In the subject line, please note: Library Director Search
OR mail to:
Library Director Search
Rock Creek Public Library
2988 High Street
Rock Creek, OH 44084
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: Oct 3, 2023 / This posting expires: Oct 17, 2023