Organization:United States Air Force; AFRL; USAFSAM
- Experience in theories, principles, and techniques of librarianship; a knowledge of literature resources; and the knowledge and abilities essential for providing effective library and information services.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cataloging, reference services, digital collection maintenance and communication
- Master of Library and Information Science is preferred
- Applicant must provide a resume to be considered.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Travel and/or performance of additional duties may be required.
- To be considered for this position, please apply no later than close of business 2 February 2020.
The Air Force Research Laboratory's 711th Human Performance Wing (711 HPW) is looking for a qualified Librarian at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. The 711 HPW’s mission is to advance human performance in air, space, and cyberspace through research, education, and consultation. The Wing supports the most critical Air Force resource – the Airman of our operational military forces. The Wing’s primary focus areas are aerospace medicine, Human Effectiveness Science and Technology, and Human Systems Integration. In conjunction with the Naval Medical Research Unit – Dayton and surrounding universities and medical institutions, the 711 HPW functions as a Joint Department of Defense Center of Excellence for human performance sustainment and readiness, optimization, readiness.
AFRL's mission is to lead discovery, development, integration, and delivery of warfighting technologies across air, space, and cyberspace. Through unparalleled research, tomorrow’s technology and strategic partnerships, we give our warfighters unmatched advantage in the field. Balancing a legacy of success with a pursuit of innovation, AFRL is uniquely positioned to support the warfighter’s urgent needs and evolving demand to defend America.
Work Schedule: Full time
Summary of Duties:
- Provides comprehensive reference services to include: mitigated literature searches of complex medical subject matter; document delivery from on-line information resources; and interlibrary loan services utilizing Docline, OCLC, and other methods.
- Provides education support to include: review of pertinent literature; textbook advisement; and copyright compliance.
- Conducts marketing and instructional programs, including: library tours and orientation sessions; outreach; publicity programs; and special events.
- Maintains library catalog and archives including its organization, preservation, and storage.
Please apply via LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1702659588/