Organization:Stark County Law Library
Experience working in a library is highly preferred and experience working in a legal environment is preferred. Some experience with social media and html is preferred. Microsoft Office and Constant Contact experience is highly preferred. High school completion required, college graduate preferred.
The Library Assistant works independently to perform the duties listed below. These duties require a great deal of attention to detail and initiative to resolve problems. The Library Assistant is the important first contact for attorneys and members of the public who use the law library, and assists them in locating the information they are seeking. The responsibilities of the Library Assistant are not limited to those listed here and may include other tasks as assigned by the Director. The Library Assistant reports to the Director. In addition, this position is authorized by and under the control of the Stark County Law Library Resources Board.
- Assists in maintaining the library’s website and online catalog, and creating research guides.
- Creates postings for social media sites and assists in the preparation of the Library’s newsletter.
- Must be able to answer questions indicating which library resources are most appropriate and must be able to perform advanced searches using the library’s databases and online catalog.
- Circulation duties include checking out items to users, sending overdue notices, maintaining user statistics, and answering the telephone.
- Checks-in files print updates and maintains all serial check-in records in the online catalog.
- Enters new subscribers, updates subscriber information as needed, enters and prints bills to be sent to subscribers, and receives and records payments.
- Works with other library employees to promote library services through websites, and digital and print publications.
- While work is primarily sedentary, must be able to lift heavy books and boxes occasionally.
- Additional tasks as needed.
Submit cover letter, resume, and two sample social media posts to:
Kendel Croston, Director
Stark County Law Library
110 Central Plaza S.
Canton, Ohio 44702
Applications received by March 29th, 2021 will receive first consideration.