Organization:Stowe-Monroe Falls Public Library
- A Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
- Experience with most aspects of library operations, including human resources management, public services/educational programming, technical services, technology, and budget/fiscal management is required.
- Experience leading, hiring, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff is required.
- Experience in a management position within a public library is preferred.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with board members, community partners, and other key stakeholders is preferred.
Position Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, life, and more.
- Generous public pension plan [Ohio Public Employees Retirement System].
- Paid training/continuing education and professional association memberships.
On behalf of our client, the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, we are seeking exceptional candidates for a new Library Director opening. The Library Director will plan and administer all aspects of the operation of the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library. As the chief administrative officer of the library, s/he is responsible for maintaining positive working relations with the Board of Trustees, for all personnel matters, and for all the services, facilities, and operations of the library. In addition, it is expected that the Library Director will demonstrate a high level of professionalism within the library and in her/his interactions with community and educational organizations and professional and civic associations. This is a highly responsible library generalist position that involves developing and administrating library policies, programs, and practices for a visible community organization. There is full responsibility for designing and executing the library’s strategy in harmony with the organization’s overall objectives and its mission to “help create a community where ideas, culture, and knowledge thrive by providing materials, equipment and services to all people”. Learn more about the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, visit www.smfpl.org
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.