Library Support Specialist
About this Job
This position supports the operations of the Collections and Content Strategies Department of Ohio University Libraries.
•Responds to inquiries via telephone, email, live chat and in person that require advanced knowledge of library procedures, resources, operations, and policies.
• Supervises, trains, and/or directs the work of classified and/or student workers.
• Performs job responsibilities within guidelines of normal practice, but often requires independent priority setting and judgment.
• Utilizes specialized tools, software, and databases to perform tasks or assist customers.
• Creates and updates complex data in library and/or University databases and troubleshoots and resolves problems within guidelines of normal practice. Oversees functional operations of a service and/or service point including troubleshooting and resolving problems within guidelines of normal practice. Troubleshoots issues and resolves problems.
• Advises internal and external customers on procedural matters within established protocols and responds to complex questions from internal and external customers within established protocols.
Position-Specific Job Duties:
•This position specifically assists with data gathering to continuously evaluate our collections and collections spaces; this position will also support stacks management, operations in the Southeast Ohio Regional Depository, and cataloging in Metadata Services.
• Extensive experience in libraries/museums and advanced understanding of library/museum policies and procedures typically obtained by a high school degree and a minimum of 3 years of related library experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is acceptable.
• Specific knowledge, certifications, and licensure will apply at the position level.
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: Sep 22, 2022 / This posting expires: Sep 30, 2022