Library Technical Assistant, Public Services
About this Job
This position exists to help students and faculty use the library’s collections and facilities, to organize and maintain shelving and filing of resources, to track and recover borrowed materials, to process inter-library lending and borrowing, and to perform other duties that assure the effective operations of the Library. This position plays a key role in preparing library student employees for future employment.
Hours are variable up to 28 hours a week, and are scheduled weekdays between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hourly rate for this position is $18.23.
• Minimum of an associate degree required; library paraprofessional program, computer science, or business preferred
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years library work experience required
• Experience with an integrated library system (such as Sierra or Millennium) and the OPAC is preferred
• Flexibility to handle multiple problem-solving tasks required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Excellent customer service, math, and computer skills required
• Ability to apply basic application software skills, file management skills, and information research and evaluation skills to problem solving.
• Ability to train, supervise and coach circulation student assistants required
• Ability to plan and organize as well as to adapt to change required
• Ability to carefully monitor work details required
• Willingness to attend relevant workshops to keep up-to-date on the professional and technical aspects of the job required
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please apply via the link.
Posted On: Sep 2, 2022 / This posting expires: Oct 1, 2022