Outreach Services Coordinator
About this Job
• Plans, designs, implements, and evaluates library service to people including but not limited to nursing homes, extended care, rest facilities, senior gathering places, and those confined to their homes.
• Designs and implements programs in consultation with activities directors or other personnel in community facilities.
• Manages satellite collections of library materials in various community facilities, businesses, and organizations.
• Promotes services that will enhance the quality of life for people who have difficulty getting to the library.
• Promotes Outreach Services with local churches, businesses, and organizations.
• Recruits, manages, evaluates, and rewards library volunteers.
• Participates in community events where potential Outreach patrons gather.
• Represents the library to various community groups.
• Maintains Outreach and Volunteer statistics for monthly reporting.
• Attends meetings and continuing education programs to keep informed of current trends and issues related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Participates in professional organizations, groups, and listservs.
• Assists patrons of all ages with their informational needs using a variety of reference sources in different media.
• Assists at Circulation and Reference Desks in all capacities.
Beginning at $15.00. Starting wage dependent upon experience.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Library Automation software; Internet Explorer and MS Outlook Internet software and MS Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please submit resume and references via e-mail to [email protected] or in person at the library.
Posted On: Nov 15, 2022 / This posting expires: Dec 1, 2022