Part-time Faculty: Reference and Instruction Librarian
About this Job
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This is an adjunct faculty position under the supervision of the Library Program Chair to provide instructional and library reference services to the college community with a focus on integrating information literacy instruction throughout the curriculum.
• Plan and conduct library instruction.
• Provide references services for students, faculty, staff, and community patrons.
• Maintain a close working liaison with faculty to facilitate awareness of resources, library
• instruction, and collection development.
• Assist in collection development to maintain the collection as a useful resource that supports the curriculum.
• Assist with library publicity.
• Write reports as needed/requested.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Required: ALA accredited Master’s degree in library science or information science.
Preferred: Reference, teaching, and academic library experience; experience as a two-year college reference librarian.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of current trends in information literacy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a close working liaison with faculty and staff.
• Ability to conduct library instruction and reference services virtually and face-to-face.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of candidates and will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, ancestry, veteran or Vietnam-era veteran status, age, or familial status. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. If your disability requires special accommodations to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7575.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply via the College’s Human Resources webpage. Please be prepared to do the following:
• Complete all questions in the application*
• Attach current resume or CV, and a cover letter of introduction indicating your interest in the position.
• Attach unofficial transcripts
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, application review will begin July 18, 2022.
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application, be sure your web browser is updated to the latest version and allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed application and work on it later.
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time faculty position, 20 hours a week, with a rate of $29.75/hour. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours. Daytime, evening, and Saturday hours required. Please visit our website to review Lakeland’s Benefits for Adjunct Faculty, including information on paid leave, professional development, partial fee waiver, employee assistance program and more.
Posted On: Jun 30, 2022 / This posting expires: Jul 19, 2022