Professional Librarian (Reference & Outreach) — Part Time
About this Job
Washtenaw Community College's Richard W. Bailey Library is seeking an innovative, collaborative, user-focused, outward-looking, future-oriented, and technology-savvy individual for the Part time Professional Librarian position.
The Part time Professional Librarian provides library instruction services, direct research assistance, selective collection development responsibilities, and undertakes special library projects in consultation with the Executive Director.
• Conduct critical information literacy instruction for individuals and groups, and develop innovative pedagogy to achieve desired learning outcomes.
• Provide research assistance to library users both on site and via electronic means.
• Responsible for collection development in specific subject areas to ensure close alignment with the college curriculum, promote and monitor usage, and engage in collection deacquisition.
• Serve as a liaison with academic departments and instructors to provide library support of instruction and student learning.
• Conduct outreach programming and collaborations with faculty, staff and outside library constituents in developing library partnerships and services.
• Develop guides and systems, print and electronic, to improve users’ access to library resources.
• Participate in staff efforts in marketing and public relations to promote library resources and services.
• Responsible for special library projects as assigned by the Executive Director of Library.
• Participate in regularly scheduled meetings and conferences as allowable within schedule.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
$39.03 / hour
• Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
• Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and communications skills to serve and partner with diverse constituencies.
• Excellent instructional skills in an individual or a group setting.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and team-work in an open, collegial environment.
• Ability to work independently to achieve project objectives within given timelines.
• Enthusiasm for new ideas, student collaborations, and creative presentations.
• Strong analytical skills in data analysis and problem resolution.
• Commitment to continuous professional development and activities in rapidly changing library and technology environments.
• Commitment to basic professional principles and values, such as the centrality of library users, user privacy, equal access to information, intellectual freedom, etc.
• Availability to work daytime and evening hours.
• Experience with programming development and outreach activities.
• Experience with the Libguides platform.
• Experience with displays and outreach materials development.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Benefits of this position include:
WCC tuition waiver of 3 credit hours per semester
Great Discounts at WCC’s Health & Fitness Center, Barnes & Noble Bookstore and more!
Posted On: Oct 13, 2023 / This posting expires: Nov 2, 2023