Public Service Associate
About this Job
Do you have a strong background in customer service? Do you have a passion for public libraries? Combine both your passion and your expertise to serve as a Public Service Associate at Bexley Public Library! Bexley Public Library is seeking a part-time Public Service Associate to bring their interests, experience, and ideas to our patron-focused team. The Public Service Associate serves as a model of customer service and support, along with bringing a service-centered approach to all aspects of the role. At Bexley Public Library, we believe that libraries play a crucial role in creating a community of life-long learners. Public Services Associates act as the first step in our mission, providing patrons with an exceptional library experience.
Primary duties include:
• First point of contact for patron questions or inquiries.
• Supports librarians in developing and maintaining the collection.
• Locates, processes, and distributes library materials accurately and efficiently.
• Participate in team efforts such as assistance with program development, community outreach opportunities, and/or serving as member of a project team.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least one (1) year of customer service experience, teaching or instruction experience, or similar; or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, and experience.
2. Excellent external and internal customer service skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling patron information and records.
5. Ability to retain, abide by, and explain organizational procedures, processes, policies and operations.
6. Proficient use of software and hardware; excellent online and print research skills.
7. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail; ability to arrange items in alphanumeric or subject order.
Improving lives is at the heart of everything we do at Bexley Public Library, and as a small library we have a record for doing big things. We want to hear from you if you are knowledgeable, friendly, approachable, and truly want to help people. In this role, you will be part of a team that comes to work every day with creative ideas and compassion for the needs of our patrons. You will work in a highly collaborative environment and create strong and supportive connections with our patrons and community partners. We seek those who embrace our mission to enlighten, engage, and inspire the community. We strive to support and reflect the communities we serve through our dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please apply online at bexleylibrary.org/jobs. You will need to include both a resume and a cover letter. A full description of job, including working hours, is available at the site above.
Posted On: Apr 27, 2022 / This posting expires: May 31, 2022