About this Job
The position provides reference service, bibliographic research assistance and instruction, and information literacy education to the campus community. Position is also responsible for the implementation and management of the NEOMED scholarly communications initiative, including copyright instruction and support.
- Provides general reference service to all library patrons.
- Develops and implements an Information Liaison Program, by providing consultations and targeted reference services that support research and teaching efforts throughout the university.
- Maintains statistics and produces reports and assessments of reference activity.
- Educates students, faculty, and staff in information literacy and bibliographic research methods.
- Supports this activity by providing stand-alone instruction, and by developing tutorials, literature reviews, Library Guides, instructional web pages, and other appropriate instructional materials.
- Performs as a research and education librarian.
- Keeps abreast of developments in scholarly communications, in the scholarly publishing industry, and in the campus scholarly communications environment.
- Maintains statistics and produces reports and assessments of instructional activity.
- Provides copyright instruction, literature review and support for the University. Works with General Counsel to support university copyright policy.
- Maintains statistics and produces reports and assessments of copyright activity.
- Participates in general professional activities including planning, internship supervision, and representing the library in consortium and professional venues. Acts as liaison to cultivate relationships across university entities particularly, with respect to Library Guides.
- Participates in scholarly activities and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
Undergraduate or graduate degree in a life science, medical, or allied health field preferred
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in an academic research library, or equivalent experience.
- One year of professional library experience in a health sciences library, or experience serving a similar patron
population. Knowledge of health sciences information resources, especially PubMed and EBM resources.
- Physical Must be able to use applicable equipment necessary for the job, as well as basic office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, sit, talk, and hear. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Teaching experience preferred.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jul 29, 2021 / This posting expires: Jan 1, 2022