Student Success Librarian
About this Job
Regional Libraries (Hamilton Campus): The Student Success Librarian works closely with librarians, faculty, and other campus student support units to leverage and promote library resources and services contributing to student success, recruitment, and retention. This position will focus on information literacy objectives, and provide support primarily to first year students, first generation students, transfer students, and students participating in the TRiO program. In addition, this position will develop and maintain the library’s website. The Student Success Librarian will also further the University’s and Library’s commitment to equity and justice by supporting inclusive pedagogy, promoting cultural competency, and ensuring that the library is a place of belonging for our campus’s diverse learners.
The Student Success Librarian will:
• Design, maintain, and deliver information literacy (IL) materials recognizing the needs of diverse learners, in multiple formats, with a focus on foundational courses in composition and rhetoric. Position may have the opportunity to teach credit courses.
• Maintain current knowledge of best practices in IL instruction (ILI), resources, and technology related to teaching and learning.
• Assess student learning of IL concepts through a variety of methods in collaboration with colleagues.
• Design and maintain the library’s website.
• Build relationships with both academic and non-academic units across campus to raise awareness about the ways the library can serve as an essential partner in facilitating the success of undergraduate students.
• Provide library services to campus programs that support student recruitment, academic preparedness, and retention efforts.
• Focus on the success and belonging of students, including first year, transfer, first generation, TRiO, and students from underserved communities.
• Provide reference and consultation services in person and electronically.
• Manage the library collection for assigned subject areas.
• Collaborate with librarians and university partners to integrate library collections and services into the LMS for assigned subject areas.
• Coordinate effective and strategic marketing of ILI services and resources.
• Provide excellent customer service for circulation-related tasks at the unified service desk.
Required: Master’s degree from an ALA accredited institution by date of appointment with a minimum 6 months experience with HTML and CSS; familiarity with WCAG website accessibility standards; ability to manage workflow, projects, and multiple tasks while meeting deadlines in a complex and rapidly changing environment; ability to meet the Libraries’ promotion and continuing contract requirements (see link in official university posting). Appointment as Associate Librarian requires an established record of service and scholarship as described in these requirements. Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Submit cover letter addressing the position description, resume, and a 1-page statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion web address above.
Krista McDonald at [email protected]. Screening of applications will begin April 22, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Posted On: Apr 13, 2022 / This posting expires: May 14, 2022