About this Job
Salem Public Library (OH) seeks a bright, creative and driven professional to lead our library’s technology efforts. Salem Library frequently ranks among the leading libraries nationally and believes in providing the best possible services to our community. Major Manage communications infrastructure including Internet connectivity, local networks, and phone system.
Serve as technical coordinator for five library POLARIS consortia. Manage library website, locally created databases, and public computers. Assist with creation of locally created digital content.
- Provide technical support for library staff and programs.
- Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Develop community and vendor partnerships to foster new technological initiatives.
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend implementation as appropriate.
- Maintain library networks and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field and experience working with libraries or Master’s degree in library science with an emphasis on technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server packages and applications
- Familiarity with virtual and physical server environments
- Knowledge of VoIP phone systems, Wi-Fi, and cloud applications
- Experience with computer security threat assessment and remediation
- Experience with web development technologies, including PHP, Javascipt, and CMS systems.
- Project management and planning experience
- Ability to work independently, seeking input and supervision when appropriate.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Aug 16, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 15, 2021