Organization:Pickerington Public Library
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge and skills to fulfill the duties of the position, as outlined above
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills with all ages, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation programs.
- Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer programs
- Proficient in the use of Internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, and in common Internet applications, including but not limited to email, social media, and online research.
- Knowledge of e-books, digital audiobooks, digital magazines, and streaming services
- Able to work independently and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Able to work with library customers who have varying degrees of computer and office equipment skill and knowledge.
- Able to train members of the public in the use of technology in a variety of settings, including one-on-one interactions, in small groups, and/or in classroom settings.
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
- Must maintain insurability under the Library’s vehicle liability insurance coverage. Must maintain valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and acceptable driving record. May drive PPL vehicle if called upon.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends
Immediate Supervisor: Information and Research Services Manager
The Pickerington Public Library is accepting applications three-month contract with an option for renewal for an additional one-year contract for a part-time Technology Trainer. This position has been created as part of a grant made possible through Guiding Ohio Online.
The contract begins on July 1, 2020, and concludes on September 30, 2020, with an option for renewal from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
- Provides excellent service to customers of all ages and backgrounds, practices positive public relations, and performs duties in a friendly and courteous manner
- Assists customers with the basic troubleshooting of computer equipment and software, including but not limited to library computers and their peripherals; library equipment; laptops; tablets and e-readers; and handheld devices
- Works with the Library’s Information and Research Services Manager to develop and lead technology training classes and one on one instruction sessions for members of the public at all library locations, based on the information needs of community members
- Works with staff to promote and educate customers in the use of digital library resources, such as the library catalog, Interlibrary Loan services, e-book databases, and research databases
- Works with staff to coordinate outreach of technology training throughout the community, with the goal of promoting digital literacy throughout the Pickerington and Violet Township areas
- Works with the Library’s Community Engagement Manager to create and distribute materials promoting technology services
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Teaches library customers on use of digitization technology both in the library and off site
- Supports and teaches library staff on use of technology equipment and resources
- Collects feedback and data from technology and training activities to support in a quarterly report
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.