Youth Services Librarian
1. Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and library systems. Knowledge of multiple technology tools such as social media, eBooks, databases.
2. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
4. Ability to organize ideas and present to groups or one-on-one (virtually and in person).
5. Demonstrated attention to detail and time management.
6. Ability to be a strong contributor in a team-based environment.
7. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling patron information, records, or onsite behavior.
9. Ability to retain, abide by, and explain organizational procedures, process, policies, and operations.
10. Ability to build and maintain relationships with new and existing constituents and Library stakeholders.
11. Ability to display empathy and tolerance to all diverse viewpoints.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Minimum of five (5) years of library experience.
3. Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a variety of programs for library patrons and the general public, both virtually and in person.
Improving lives is at the heart of everything we do at Bexley Public Library, and as a small library we have a record for doing big things. We want to hear from you if you are knowledgeable, friendly, approachable, and truly want to help people. In this role, you will be part of a team that comes to work every day with creative ideas and compassion for the needs of our patrons. You will work in a highly collaborative environment and create strong and supportive connections with our patrons and community partners. We seek those who embrace our mission to enlighten, engage, and inspire the community. We strive to support and reflect the communities we serve through our dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Nov 8, 2021 / This posting expires: Feb 7, 2022