OhioNET Board Elections - the results are in!
The 2020 OhioNET Board of Directors election results are in, and the winners are:
- Chris May, Mansfield/Richland County Public Library (public library representative; incumbent)
- Andrea Christman Atkinson, Sinclair Community College (academic library representative)
- Sarah Thornbery, Springboro Schools (K12/special library representative)
- Lori Lee, Zanesville City Schools (K12/special library representative)
These representatives join our existing Board members, with their terms to commence in January 2020. The twelve-member Board of Directors is elected at-large by the membership to serve staggered 3-year terms. Each member of the Board is a librarian from an OhioNET member institution.
We would like to acknowledge Dr. Linda Swarlis (Columbus School for Girls), Mr. John J. Burke (Miami University Middletown), and Ms. Theresa M. Fredericka (INFOhio) for their service to OhioNET as they conclude their terms in December. We are thankful for all their hard work and efforts to keep Ohio libraries top of mind through their work with OhioNET during their time on the Board.
We would also like to thank the other candidates in this year's election:
- Richard “Skip” Bazile, Cuyahoga Community College (academic library representative)
- Michelle McKinney Leonard, University of Cincinnati – Blue Ash (academic library representative)
- Amy Wilson, University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College (academic library representative)
- Andrew Mangels, Westlake Porter Public Library (public library representative)
- Chauncey Montgomery, Community Library, Sunbury (public library representative)
Once again, we were delighted to have a highly competitive slate of candidates, and we are grateful for each candidate's enthusiasm and generosity of time when considering service on our Board.
If you have questions about the election process, please contact Nancy S. Kirkpatrick, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 800-686-8975.