OhioNet Anti-Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion (ADEI) Assessment Update
OhioNet is currently leading an Anti-Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion (ADEI) Assessment using appreciative inquiry to identify organizational practices that empower both BIPOC librarians and Ohio libraries to thrive as an inclusive community. The consulting team leading this effort has partnered with a team of DEI library practitioners from within OhioNet’s vast network of member libraries. We are grateful to the participation of the librarians in the ADEI Library Cohort and their institutions for supporting this state-wide effort.
During January and February, the ADEI consulting team will interview librarians from historically marginalized communities from across the state and from different types of libraries (e.g., K-12, public, academic, special). See our call for participation. The interviews will gather important information about the career experiences and organizational practices that best support librarians of all backgrounds to thrive in the library profession. The collected interviews will provide a better understanding of the existing capacity, strengths, and possibilities for impactful anti-racism, diversity, and inclusion practices in Ohio libraries.
Findings and results will be shared in an upcoming summit planned for OhioNet members on May 10th followed by virtual sessions. Stay tuned for more updates on our interview progress and information about how to participate in an upcoming summit.
From the consulting team,
- Pamela Espinosa de los Monteros (IMAGINE Lucha Lab LLC), Latin American, Iberian, and Latino/a Studies Librarian, The Ohio State University
- Janice Jaguszewski (Janice J Consulting), Leadership & Organization Development Consultant
- Desiree Thomas, Youth Services Librarian, Worthington Libraries
- Shannon Simpson, Scholarly Instruction Librarian, Kenyon College
- Nimisha Bhat, Liaison to the Department of History, Anthropology, and Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies, University of Cincinnati
- Lisa Morrison, Social Sciences Liaison Librarian, Denison University
- Elizabeth Lang, Digital Librarian, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Eboni Johnson, Outreach and Program Librarian, Oberlin College and Conservatory
- Mandi Goodsett, Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Cleveland State University